Garlic Knots Recipe
You asked, Papa John’s answered. After requests from fans to bring back its Garlic Knots side dish, the pizza delivery chain has released the secret recipe behind these twisted tasty treats.
With the nation being encouraged to stay indoors, customers can now make the sought-after Garlic Knots at home for themselves. The best bit? These scrumptious savoury treats can be created in just a few simple steps by using the pizza chain’s Special Garlic Sauce dip and a couple of store cupboard essentials.
The recipe which has been developed by Papa John’s is the perfect weekend or weekday activity for the whole family to enjoy.
Papa John’s UK R&D Director, Tom Allen, says:
“After so many requests to bring back the Garlic Knots, we wanted to share this simple and delicious recipe, so no one has to miss out on our garlic delights.
“With most of the ingredients already in your cupboard, this is a great way to make a tasty weekend treat that the whole family can enjoy without any added fuss and little room for error.”
In a mission to provide relief to the thousands of pressured food banks across the UK during the COVID-19 crisis, Papa John’s has partnered with The Trussell Trust to help raise donations for the charity and aid in the fight against hunger. In just a few weeks, the pizza delivery chain has already raised over £250,000 for the cause.
Papa John’s Homemade Garlic Knots recipe
This recipe will make 6 x 20cm pizza dough balls / knots.
- 650g strong white flour plus extra for dusting
- 7g dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml olive oil
- 375ml warm water
- 6 -12 Papa John’s Special Garlic pots
- To make the dough, mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl and stir in the olive oil, slowly add the water, mixing well to form a soft dough.
- On to a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth or mix in a mixer for 2-3 mins
- Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back squashing the air out, then knead again until smooth, roll into a ball put back in the bowl and cover for 30 minutes to 1 hour until risen again.
- Divide the dough into six balls – these can be made into pizzas of frozen for future garlic knots
- Roll out one dough ball on a lightly floured work surface until 20cm in diameter
- Cut pizza base into 6x long strips approx. 3cm wide
- Brush the strips with Papa John’s Special Sauce 1x pot should do 1 pizza base
- Tie the strips in a knot and place on a baking tray
- Bake at 200c for 10 – 15 mins
- When they come out of the oven brush with extra Special Garlic sauce
Papa John’s remains open with a contact-free only service. Extra measures have also been put in place to ensure staff and customers are keeping safe, including a quality seal, social distancing in stores and cashless payments.
To order from Papa John’s, visit the website or download the app.