Papa Johns x Football Manager | Terms & Conditions
(1) How to Enter: The Promoter, in conjunction with Papa Johns (GB) Ltd (“Papa Johns”) and the EFL, is running a prize giveaway (the “Promotion“) and will award prizes in accordance with these terms.
The Promotion starts at 12:00 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on 26 January 2023 and ends at 17:00 GMT on 17 March 2023 or such other time and date to be decided in the Promoter’s sole discretion (“Promotion Period“).
To enter the Promotion, you must (i) be a registered user of FMFC: https://fmfc.footballmanager.com/sign-up (“Registered User”); and (ii) click ‘enter now’ on the Promotion page in the FMFC members’ hub.
(2) Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- be legally resident in the UK;
- be 16 years of age or older at the time of entry;
- be a Registered User;
- own a copy of Football Manager 2023 (on any platform);
- submit all of the requested information via FMFC (including but not limited confirmation of the football team you support); and
- maintain and operate a valid email address.
(together, the “Participant”).
Entries are void anywhere it is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. Any Entrants who are not eligible for the Promotion can be disqualified at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of the Promoter, Papa Johns, the EFL, their parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of this Promotion are not eligible.
(3) Prize: The following winners will be selected at random from eligible Entrants at the end of, or during, the Promotion Period:
- First prize:
- Three (3) winners will win a pair of VIP tickets for a Wembley experience, including stadium tour and lunch with a special guest ‘Mystery Manager’ at the Papa Johns Trophy final on 2 April 2023 (selected from all of the Entrants).
- Additionally, two (2) winners will win a pair of VIP tickets for a Wembley experience, including stadium tour and lunch with a special guest ‘Mystery Manager’ at the Papa Johns Trophy final on 2 April 2023 provided that these Entrants are supporters of the teams involved in the final of the Papa Johns Trophy game (one supporter from each team), as determined by the Promoter. One (1) winner may also get the chance to present the Papa Johns Trophy to the victorious captain in the Royal Box at Wembley Stadium after the final on Sunday 2 April 2023 (subject to availability and at least one (1) of the aforementioned five (5) winners being a fan of the winning club. If more than one (1) winner is a fan of the club, one (1) winner of the prize will be selected at random from those eligible winners).
- The Winners will be requested to provide proof (an in-game screenshot) of their Papa Johns Trophy victory in FM23 (any platform) with a current Sky Bet League One or Sky Bet League Two team.
The prize does not include any other facilities or expenses whatsoever, including but not limited to travel, accommodation and any other associated costs. All such costs shall be the responsibility of the winner and/or their guests.
Prior to the Papa Johns Trophy Final, a compulsory briefing call will be held with all winners where details of the day including expected behaviour will be shared.
- Additional prizes:
- One hundred (100) winners will receive a free large Papa Johns pizza (winners will receive a £20 code to be redeemed online or via the Papa Johns app).
- Five (5) winners will receive a year’s supply of Papa Johns pizza (winners will receive 12x £20 pizza codes to be redeemed online or via the Papa Johns app).
- Five (5) winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Papa Johns Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium and an FMFC shirt.
Winners under the age of 18 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to attend the Papa Johns Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium. Winners under the age of 18 will not be eligible to present the trophy to the winning club in the Royal Box. Winners and their guests also agree to comply with the EFL’s terms at Schedule 1.
The winner will be announced on FMFC and contacted by direct email within five (5) business days of the determination by the Promoter. The winner will have five (5) business days to respond to the prize notification email with the requested information to deliver the Prize (if applicable). Failure to respond within this timeframe will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Return of prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Promoter are final. For the avoidance of doubt, this is an indication of approximate times only and the Promoter shall not be liable if the prize draw and/or the announcement of the winners is delayed.
(i) There are no prize transfers or prize substitutions available. In the event of unavailability of the prize or prize components, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with that of equal or greater value.
(ii) The Promoter reserves the right to discontinue this Promotion at any time and without notice. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the winning entry, the Prize will be awarded to the authorised FMFC account holder regardless of the individual who submitted the entry. The authorised account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the FMFC account used to enter the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to void entries, which in its sole determination, are irregular or have been generated with abusive and/or duplicitous intent including but not limited to false or multiple FMFC accounts.
(iii) By entering, you (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Promoter which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Promoter, Papa Johns, the EFL and their employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this Promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any Prize; (c) acknowledge that the Promoter, Papa Johns, the EFL and their employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to the use of your name and any other information requested by the Promoter (including but not limited to photograph and/or likeness, statements and/or voice) for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
(iv) The use of any automated technique (“Automated Cheats“) to enter the Promotion is prohibited. The Promoter has the right to invalidate any entry if its sole opinion the Participant has engaged the use of Automated Cheats at any time. All decisions of the Promoter are final.
(v) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Promotion Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by a Participant to interfere with the operations of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
(vi) Participants agree that they may be required to take part in publicity without further payment. Such publicity may include the public promotion of their names and/or likeness.
(5) Release: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU RELEASE AND HOLD THE PROMOTER, PAPA JOHNS, THE EFL, THEIR PARENT COMPANY OR COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, ADVERTISING AGENCIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR DEFECTS IN, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, AND/OR DEFAMATION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE PROMOTER’S, PAPA JOHNS’ AND/OR THE EFL’S LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE.
(6) Law and Jurisdiction: These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any claim or matter arising out of these terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
(7) Data Protection: In order to participate in the Promotion, Participants may need to provide certain information on themselves, such as the Participant’s name, email address and supporting team. Your entry may also contain certain personal data (e.g., Steam ID) and you may be required to submit a photograph or video if this forms part of the entry requirements for the Promotion. Winners of the Promotion may be required to provide their full address for the purpose of the Promoter delivering any applicable Prize (together, “Personal Data”).
(8) Additional Terms For Prizes Related to EFL Football Matches: The Promotion is not a promotion of the EFL, any Clubs or their respective group companies, nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to winners by the EFL/SPFL, Clubs or respective group companies relating to the operation of this Promotion (save only about any applicable conditions of registering on the relevant club website to watch the game at Wembley).
The winner and their guest attending a venue to enjoy their prize must also comply with all policies, rules and reasonable instructions provided by the EFL, venue operators and/or any authority at the venue. The EFL, the relevant venue operators and authorities reserve the right to remove any entrant or winner (and/or their permitted guests) for failing to comply with those policies, rules or instructions or otherwise behaving in an inappropriate manner.
By submitting your personal information when entering the prize draw, you acknowledge the Promoter may disclose that information to the event organiser (EFL), venue host and/or the relevant football club(s) playing in the match to which the prize relate for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for any prize and or administering certain elements of delivery of the prize. The EFL will be provided with information (including name and address) of the competition winner for prize administration and databases will be checked against any club banning orders as well as the National Police database for those who may be subject to a court banning order. The EFL will not otherwise use winners’ personal details for reasons other than the above, unless lawfully permitted to do so. Winners are responsible for the behaviour of their guests.
Further information about the EFL’s use of personal data generally can be found in the EFL privacy notice at https://www.efl.com/efl-privacy-notice you must bring this to the attention of any guest(s) you may nominate. Use of your personal information will not include sending you electronic marketing communications unless you have opted in to receive such communications (and you are free to unsubscribe from these communications at any time in the future).
Entrance to this Promotion constitutes full acceptance of these terms and conditions and all terms and conditions of the Football League Limited Conditions of Issue as well as the Wembley National Stadium Ground Regulations. Both of these documents can be found at www.efl.com/ticketconditions. Winners must abide by those terms and all other rules of conduct set by the EFL and venue operator at all times. The Promoter, Papa Johns and the EFL accepts no responsibility if the winner and/or the winner’s guest are denied entry or asked to leave the match for failure to abide by such terms, any applicable law or regulation or because of their inappropriate behaviour.
Any ticket or other prize deliverable at an EFL match is not transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Under no circumstances can this prize be transferred to a third party of sold for any financial amount.
Tickets will be available for match day collection only from Wembley Stadium, and the winner must provide photo ID, or the tickets will not be released.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the ability to receive prize applicable to an EFL match may be prevented, limited or interfered with by unforeseen events outside of the reasonable control of the Promoter, EFL, club and/or venue, which may result in (amongst other things) matches being postponed, cancelled, played behind closed doors, reduced capacity crowds, or entry requirements imposed by a competent authority. Neither the Promoter, EFL, club or venue shall be liable or responsible if any unforeseen events prevent, limit or interfere with the winner making use of the ticket or attending the match and in the event winners cannot make use of ticket(s) to attend any match the Promoter will determine in its sole discretion whether it will grant an alternative prize.
Winners are solely responsible to have all necessary information and documents in order to comply with any requirements relating to entry to the stadium or venue. Winners must also comply with any other policies, guidance and instructions which may be provided to you by the EFL, and/or venue as applicable and may be updated from time to time, in relation to attendance at the match or event.
If a winner and/or their guest(s) has any special accessibility requirements, the winner will need to make the promoter aware of this as soon as the winner has won a pair of tickets. In some instances, notice of accessible seating may only be available at short notice. If wheelchair spaces are available, these will be offered on a first-come first -served basis.
This is not a promotion of the EFL, any clubs or their respective group companies nor is there any liability or contractual obligation owed to prize winners by the EFL, clubs or respective group companies relating to the operation of this promotion (save only in relation to any applicable conditions of issue for tickets and/or stadium regulations).
Promoter: Sports Interactive Limited, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9BW.
© Sports Interactive Limited. Published by SEGA Europe Limited. Developed by Sports Interactive Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation or its affiliates. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Football Manager, the Football Manager logo, Sports Interactive and the Sports Interactive logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sports Interactive Limited. All rights reserved. All other company names, brand names and logos are property of their respective owners.